Model Railroad... Hackers??
Unreal!!!! - I've "texted' to one of them - back in 80 - 82 when I had a TRS-80 - running Fido-net.. a very-very basic chat room.. I only know that he was working on the layout and computer controlling it somehow.. Smile

I think he was on the Signals and Power subcommittee, because a bunch of Radio Shack employees were providing problem solving ideas and all my friends at that time were from either Heathkit or R-S Big Grin Big Grin so I was on at the same time...

Interesting that the main "Hacking" they did was to just gain access to use the computer when they weren't supposed to, not to "strategically remove " information..

I have never seen pics of the original layout, just heard about it and the "very technical" ideas they had that were mostly over my head beck then LOL

One story I have about Fido-net is that

we were always online late at night - sometimes till 3 am eastern time. My mother got the phone bill one month and went nuts... I mentioned it online to the other guys and one of the "crowd" asked us to all post our phone numbers...

Remember - this was 1981..... so - the next month the phone bill comes in and it's back to normal, even though we were online just as much Big Grin Big Grin

The other users reported the same results.... this lasted for about 18 months, until we all went our separate ways and stopped chatting so much Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread