UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
So, today I went down stairs planning on doing one of my scratch build projects, but thought I would get a train running first, looked over my engines and thought hmm, time to lash up some UP SD40-2's, counting my UP patched CNW, I have 5 of them. 

As I assembled the engines I kept looking at the patched CNW, its one of my fav...oh, who am I kidding, I love ALL of my SD40-2's Icon_e_biggrin , anyways, the patched engine needed two new railings and the old plastic couplers replaced with Kadee #5's, so BOOM, thats what I ended up doing, getting my patched CNW back into shape. I have a box with replacement parts in it, kind of a "junk box" of assorted parts I guess you would say. I replaced the very front railing and the front left railing, they were UP's Harbor mist gray, I didnt even change the color to green, the way I see it was the shop replaced the bad railings and didnt paint them as the patched engine is going in for paint in the near future anyways, kinda gave the engine some character, I thought anyways. I did end up repainting all the white areas on ALL the hand rails and couple cut bar, I think they would have done that much.

I replaced the couplers and put her in the #2 spot just to make sure everything worked ok, ran her for awhile, she ran great! Icon_e_biggrin 
Posted are a few pics of todays run, tried to get pics of a not so much seen area on the layout...
[Image: 7gsUCvm.jpg]

[Image: dHOBLLg.jpg]

[Image: dEdO0i3.jpg]

[Image: qxpGzXO.jpg]

Not sure, as who really knows what I'll end up doing Misngth , but I am thinking I am going to get my second SP SD40-2T engine back in shape tomorrow. That engine needs a sunshade put on it, needs the couples replaced, and I think 3 railings, we'll see what happens.

Till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread