Ralph's 2009 resloution challenge
Yeah, scratch that idea. I went to my LHS and they did not have the horn in stock. I opted for a suggestion Bob PMed me and carved one out of some rectangular plastic stock. This photo doesn't show it very clearly but I'm happy with the results.

[Image: IMG_0893.jpg]

The other thing I needed to do was to glaze the windows of the bashed passenger coach and give some of its windows "shades" to hide the guts of the RDC frame and motor it covered. Remember that the RDC is the actual power for my new passenger train headed by a dummy FL9.

[Image: IMG_0900.jpg]

The seam is still visible where I joined two short Tyco cars to make this 85 footer and the panel for the number board on the side is obviously too long. I noticed some $9.00 passenger car shells at my LHS and might just break down and replace the bashed car with one of those.

I'm just about finished with this project. I still need to fashion some sort of "shoe" for the trucks to pick up the third rail's electricity. I have a few days left before April is over so I think I'll make it by the due date. Smile

Ralph

Messages In This Thread