Van Hobbies brass CNR N-5-d 2-8-0 rebuild/ Finished pics add
The following pictures are of the tender I received with the second locomotive I bought. The one with the destroyed oil bunker.

This shot shows the CPR coal bunker that was added after the original owner removed the oil bunker. It has a Canadian look but for a real CNR fan it is not correct.

This top view shows that the coal bunker was not glued on straight. The small pile of coal betwen the rear of the coal bunker and the water hatch is covering up the remaining hole left from the oil bunker removal that the coal bunker did not cover.

The way this tender looks in the pictures is for the most part how the tender I repaired looked before I removed the coal bunker and the paint.

Seeing as the oil bunker for the tender above is a bunch of cut up parts I may just end up making the needed changes to the main tender body and fabricate the needed parts from brass to turn it into a coal tender. I am sure with a little careful work and soldering it can be done. I have some HO and S scale drawings of the oil and coal tenders used behind the N-5-d class so I have something to work from.

Wayne R

Messages In This Thread