Favorite railroad
Ralph Wrote:I guess my first choice is obvious. Goldth I love the Penn Central
Ralph

You like the Penn Central?...I never knew that Ralph. Misngth

Well...Living in Connecticut, I guess my first choice would be the...Uh...Uh...The New York Central...
Ok...You caught me.
Of course its the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad. Only cause I grew up along the Berkshire Line and can remember those bright orange and green RS3 roaring pass.(RS3's were usually assigned the Berk). I don't think I ever saw a McGuiness scheme loco until later in life and that was on Metro Norths FL9's, plying the Naugy on their way back and forth from Bridgeport and Waterbury(I did see the McGuiness schemed Genesis on the Naugy a couple of years ago) As far as modeling the New Haven, I do have a couple of locos in NH paint, and actually one hopper lettered for the NH, but thats about it. Since I model modern times, I did paint an SD70, and C44-9W in NH paint.

My second choice would be a fallen flag, called .....You guessed it...The Central New England. It ran from Hartford, Conn, to Campbell Hall, Pa. It was taken over by the NH in the late 1920's. Not much remains as the track was ripped up in 1938. The only real landmark remaining is the Poughkeepsie Bridge, over the Hudson River(Which by the way, was set on fire by a hot box on a PENN CENTRAL[Ralph??? ]train in 1974) There is two miles of track used by the Housatonic RR in Cannan to service the Phizer plant there, and almost twenty miles in Bloomfield operated by a shortline called the Central New England. I model as though its still running today through the Northwest Corner of Connecticut.

OK...You guys can wake up...I'm done rambling.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

Messages In This Thread