UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thank you Tom Icon_e_biggrin

OK, the next section I am working on is the "yard side" of the layout, the problem is I have been thinking about POSSIBLY doing something different, just not really sure. 
I built the edge of a small town in this area, I already had the buildings from previous layouts so the cost was really next to nothing to do. I put the small town there to show some "life" on the layout as much of it is rural, I kinda modeled the area after Clinton Wi, this is pretty much all you see of the very small town from the tracks, the end of a small town block. I could detail this area up a bit more and pretty much leave it as is, I'm NOT tearing up track and redoing it, so this area is going to stay without rail service.

OR... I can take out the town, place a "proper" Farm in there and just go full blown Rural WI Eek . I have three factories, a Train Museum and a yard for switching duties I like to preform from time to time, but lets face it, I am for the most part a "railfan" model RRer, I like to run two trains a once and admire the trips they take around the scenes on the layout. 

DONT GET ME WRONG, I like the small town edge on the layout, I do however, already have another small town edge on the layout, Owen Wi (fictitious), it has the Diner with the car show and United Transfer for rail service.  

YOUR HELP/OPINIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! I will make it easy, I will put a couple answers as numbers below, THUS, if you don't feel like explaining your thoughts, just simply put the number down that best describes your thoughts.

1- Deano, Leave the town, just give it some more detail, its there and costs very little to do that.

2- Deano, leave the town, it provides some sort of human life going on, on your layout. 

3- Deano, the heck with the remnants of that small town, evict everyone, rip it out and put a farm in that spot, go full blown rural WI 

4- Deano, put the Farm in, makes more sense of the way your layout is and gives more sense to the ton of grain hoppers you run a lot, for cripes sakes, its the MidWest.

Good points made on BOTH sides, what do you folks think? 

These are a few pics of the area in question...
[Image: Nu6ZnxG.jpg]  

[Image: SMamePA.jpg]

[Image: tRqo64E.jpg]

[Image: EEVATyG.jpg]

Thank you! -Deano
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread