Request suggestions-composition
I like the idea of using mock-ups. What's good here, is that you can set them up where they look good, and then leave them for a time. At some point you'll see the errors, and then can correct that easily, by simply moving or changing the mock-up. When the time comes that you like what you see, every time, it's right! Build the finished models.

( And find out that they don't look the same as the mock-ups! :oops: ) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I usually compose the scene with the finished buildings, and rearrange them until I'm satisfied with the "look", and then fix them in place. I have to give the area some time before I look at it again, and have gone several weeks before realizing that something isn't just right, and changing it. My usual "benchmark" is, does it look "real". I'm not ashamed to admit that I accomplish this half as well, and in three times the amount of time, as Val does. When it comes to "composition", She's the subject matter expert.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread