George's Trains - Moving from Toronto to Markham
BR60103 Wrote:Ron: where in the northwest did you grow up? We moved to Thistletown when I started high school. I don't remember a hobby shop in Rexdale Plaza but there was a shop in Elmhurst Mall for a while.

The forgotten corner of North York. Along Weston Road between Sheppard Avenue and Finch Avenue West. I went to Emery Junior High, but transferred to C.W.Jefferies C.I. for high school. Back in the day when C.W.Jefferies had high academic standing and an Arts Program, before they created the North York School for the Arts at Earl Haig and Spring Garden. Then they took all the good teachers out of C.W.Jefferies and started taking rejects out of other schools. Taking the drop-outs and expulsions from Westview Heights, etc...

The creation of the North York School for the Arts at Earl Haig and Spring Garden sucked all the talent and good teachers out of the rest of the North York Schools and to my opinion, left an academic wasteland behind. Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang

I graduated out of high school just before it went to hell...

I digress... Icon_lol

I'm talking about Rexdale Mall on Islington at Rexdale.

Rexdale Hobby Centre at 2267 Islington Avenue at the north end of the mall. At the south end of the mall was Eatons and the north end was a Towers.

My wedding reception was in the Catalina Sand Bar and Grill, but now they've torn down the whole mall and replaced it with a Walmart. 35

I didn't know about the Hobby Shop at Elmhurst. :cry:
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog

Messages In This Thread