Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge
Well, one weekend down.  I'm beat, but not because I got to work on this project.  The bride thought we needed to update the look of our fireplace mantle with new tile.  I'm too cheap to let someone come in and do the work, so...  laying tile.  It wasn't a big project, probably 20 square feet between the floor tile and the vertical tiles around the fireplace, but the demo wasn't pretty - new sheetrock, lots of shattered ceramic tile, dust.  I also thought I'd work on a rock wall around one of my patio beds which required me to dig into my ex-boss's stonerow and bring home a pickup truck load of that and put it in place.  Painting, trim work around the fireplace - you get the picture.

I did have a little time to put the 4 coal silos together from the coal elevator. 

These each get 22 bands (to give depth to each band) placed around each silo where the red strips are currently.  The strips are TINY!  The also need to be glued on with gap filling cyanoacrylate.  But here's the current problem there - my bottle is down to the last 1/4 ounce and I really need a nearly full bottle with a good clean nozzle to deftly apply the minute amount of glue on each band - so I placed an order, but I don't expect to get it until the end of the week.

The bands will also need to be edge coated with a marker to get rid of the white edge from the paper.  Between cutting these out, marking the edges and gluing, it's a big, huge, tedious project

I also took the time to take down the propped up Hazleton backdrop.  The bride bought me some double-sided tape this morning, so after I fix some of the edges of the individual panes and get things right, I'll be adhering that large piece of backdrop to the blue sky behind it, which you can see in the picture below.

Right now the schedule looks full for most of this week as well, but I'll try to make some progress.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 05-31-2024, 04:23 PM
RE: Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 06-02-2024, 06:13 PM