Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge
Thanks Amanda!  As with anything, I think I get better with time and repetition, but there is always room to get better.  That's one really critical difference in just buying plans over buying a kit with finite plastic parts - if I don't feel a previous build is up to snuff (say after I look at it for several years) I can just print the thing out again and start over and all it really costs me is cardstock, ink and time.  I haven't actually resorted to a rebuild yet, but it's in the back of my mind for several of my early attempts.

One other advantage of these cardstock kits is that it's really easy to kitbash - I've been looking for prospective elevators between this structure and my coal breaker to give a direct link.  My previous elevator to the top of the breaker from the mine is too big, but that doesn't mean I couldn't scale it down and print it out (and that's one of the options I'm mulling).  There's also a really nice set of beams in the coal hopper dump option that comes along with this kit - I have a feeling I'm going to use them for something sometime soon.

I can't take any credit for the open doorway in this kit - I saw it in the photos and figured I'd have to do it too.  

I've started on the coal chutes, and as I expected, they're pretty tricky and put a high demand on my patience.  One of the four is now finished - the ridiculousness of the size and detail is best illustrated by the finished coal chute in my hand....

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 05-31-2024, 04:23 PM
RE: Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 06-24-2024, 07:10 PM