Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge
Next thing to grind on.  The backdrops come together back behind the breaker into a curved corner that's almost inaccessible at this point.  

Someone's gotta go all the way to the corner to see around the breaker, but it's still possible, so it's one of the things that'll bother me if I don't do something about it.  I could spend a few hours leaning into that corner to try to scenic it, but I'm thinking of another option.  I want to build a "slide-in" module that fits into the corner.  That way I can work on it in the comfort of my padded chair, which is a much better option than leaning into that corner, especially after straining my back yesterday trying (unsuccessfully) to put a large stone into my pickup.

The basic premise for the slide-in unit will be a combination of a flat hill and a 3-D heap of coal tailings that will cover up the gap in the backdrop and most of the corner.  I do have some leftover foam board to work with to provide the initial structure, and I'll be fitting and forming it over the next few days.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 05-31-2024, 04:23 PM
RE: Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 06-30-2024, 08:20 AM