Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge
Glad to be a trailblazer for you Tom.  This is also a new approach for me.  However, in my case, my plan is to slide this module in (after finishing the scenery elements) and never slide it back out - your interchangeable idea is pretty interesting, however.  Before we headed to Philly, I added another piece of foam board on the long wall and I hit the walls of my module with spray paint - green (for the scrub brush areas) and black (for the coal tailings).  The paint was dry by the time I got back, so I used an angle gauge to measure the ideal angle between the two walls (after sliding the module into the corner) and then created a "floor" for the module (another piece of foam board cut at that ideal angle between the walls).  Taped the floor to the walls and then ran a bead of foam glue in the intersecting corners.  I'll let that set up and dry over night before creating the 3-D features for the coal tailings (maybe tomorrow night if I don't cut the grass).  Here's the drying unit:

One of three months down.  I'm glad this contest is just for kicks - I'm afraid I bit off way more than I can chew.  I can't see any way it's going to be "complete" by 1 September, but heck, that's why it's a CHALLENGE!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 05-31-2024, 04:23 PM
RE: Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 06-30-2024, 05:47 PM