Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge
The big advantage of these kits is the ability to print on your own inkjet printer - if those cardstock kits were available in the 60's, you got the pages in an envelope - much like you do with a plastic kit.  However, just as if you make a mistake with a plastic part in a kit, if you buggered up the cardstock, you were out of luck.  With these kits, you buy the digital files and print them out as you need them - WITHOUT LIMIT!

The industry has finally figured out how to build very high quality stuff - I marvel at the differences in plastic tooling these days and the integrity of things like handrails and pre-located starter holes for grab irons on locomotives - we just didn't have that back when I started in the hobby.  The sad thing is that this is a dying hobby - once we're gone, I'd hazard a guess model railroading will go up in a puff of smoke and without a whimper.

Polished off the Coal Dealer structure tonight with the addition of the roof details.  If you were getting started with a kit from Clever Models, something like this one would be a real good place to start - it's detailed enough to be attractive and although it has some detail work, it goes together fairly quickly. 

Still grinding away on the slip-in module - I'm adding gravel details to the coal tailings pile.  Once I get that right, I'll be working on the areas above the pile with my "flat hill" add-ons as well as adding some shrubbery, rocks, etc.  Not much to show in pictures yet, but I'm thinking sometime this weekend I could be ready to slip it in permanently.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 05-31-2024, 04:23 PM
RE: Tmo layout addition '24 build challenge - by TMo - 07-04-2024, 06:42 PM