Big problem
Quote:The train was stopped "with the white-hot wheel over the wooden trestle?" The insurance company is going to tear into that one like a Great White shark. It has operator error written all over it.
Yup!!! There's a corporate lawyer somewhere just wringing his hands in glee over the prospect of a career enhancing case. . . . . . until he looks at the big picture, and realizes that; procedure was correctly followed; it's almost impossible for an engineer to accurately place a single car of a large train on a specific location, with no one at the location to guide him; that there were significant "contributing factors" to the burning of the bridge, like creosote. Yup!, they'll try, but I doubt they'll succeed. (If they do? . . one step closer to human extinction by means of stupidity. There are some things that simply happen, and we really can't "see the future", and therefore prevent them.)
Still, litigation has become a national pass time. Eek Nope Eek
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread