09-28-2026, 07:13 PM
Good evening folks
Thank you for the congratulations.
Unfortunately, our anniversary dinner did not go as planned. We were dealing with the rain from the Nor’easter when we had to run out and do some errands on Saturday. We both were not feeling well most of the day. We decided that since the restaurant was at least a 30-to-40-minute drive with good weather, we would postpone it. Neither of us wanted to drive in nasty weather in the dark. We will go out another night.
With the weather still bad on Sunday we planned on staying home and doing things to prep for the upcoming repair work to the house. However, we had to go out to drop off a package at the UPS Store and make a couple of returns to Kohl’s. Later we started organizing stuff so the contractor could move the items out so they can work on the walls and floor.
I finished doing break in runs with my Bowser New York Ontario & Western F7A locomotives and was getting ready to make up a train when I noticed one coupler was broken. It was at that point I realized the couplers were plastic. I moved both locomotives to work bench to change over to metal couplers. It is very annoying that you spend good money on detailed and well running unit and the manufacturer cheaps out on the couplers with plastic. Once the locomotives were upgraded, I started to make the train. However, I did not get far, as the first cars were new Roundhouse/Athearn cars and I had to replace the plastic McHenry couplers with Kadee. I will try again tonight.
I hope everybody has a good evening.
Thank you for the congratulations.
Unfortunately, our anniversary dinner did not go as planned. We were dealing with the rain from the Nor’easter when we had to run out and do some errands on Saturday. We both were not feeling well most of the day. We decided that since the restaurant was at least a 30-to-40-minute drive with good weather, we would postpone it. Neither of us wanted to drive in nasty weather in the dark. We will go out another night.
With the weather still bad on Sunday we planned on staying home and doing things to prep for the upcoming repair work to the house. However, we had to go out to drop off a package at the UPS Store and make a couple of returns to Kohl’s. Later we started organizing stuff so the contractor could move the items out so they can work on the walls and floor.
I finished doing break in runs with my Bowser New York Ontario & Western F7A locomotives and was getting ready to make up a train when I noticed one coupler was broken. It was at that point I realized the couplers were plastic. I moved both locomotives to work bench to change over to metal couplers. It is very annoying that you spend good money on detailed and well running unit and the manufacturer cheaps out on the couplers with plastic. Once the locomotives were upgraded, I started to make the train. However, I did not get far, as the first cars were new Roundhouse/Athearn cars and I had to replace the plastic McHenry couplers with Kadee. I will try again tonight.
I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
