09-30-2026, 06:48 PM
Made some progress on the D&H Alco fleet. My rear window glass in the C628 took some heat at some point and deformed. I had an extra set for the front which wasn't exactly the same size, but I got it close and applied some "sticker" number boards. Also installed the corner grabs (Cal Scale 190-516) on the loco and removed the "Delaware and Hudson" decals on the long hood since I want to redo them.
Installed corner grabs on the RS36 units as well (Cal Scale 190-529) and did a little retouching of the paint on them - I like the yellow even though it's not exactly prototypical. The grabs were generally the same color as the hood in the same area, but I did see a photo with yellow grabs on a restored unit, and like the look.
Gotta move on to coupler release bars next, windshield wipers after that. Getting closer to the end of these detail additions and the prospect of weathering these.
Installed corner grabs on the RS36 units as well (Cal Scale 190-529) and did a little retouching of the paint on them - I like the yellow even though it's not exactly prototypical. The grabs were generally the same color as the hood in the same area, but I did see a photo with yellow grabs on a restored unit, and like the look.
Gotta move on to coupler release bars next, windshield wipers after that. Getting closer to the end of these detail additions and the prospect of weathering these.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
