Poll: Where would you like to hold our day trip for Big Blue members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jim Thorpe, Pa.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Steamtown, Scranton, Pa.
50.00%
7 50.00%
Strasburg, Pa.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Other (please specify in a separate post in this thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Day trip for Gauge members
ngauger Wrote:It was great!! Ride home was a bit tough - hit T-storms and had to pull over and wait - since I couldnt see Nope Eek Nope

here is all of us in front of a turntable Big Grin Big Grin
w8jy, doctorwayne, CN Nutbar, e-paw & son, ngauger, green_elite_cab, tomustang
Engine: CN 3254

Yeah, i drove right through the back of the storms, clear through to the other side. I was dead when i got home! unfortunately, the storms were moving my direction the entire time, and it only let up about ten minutes from my home. I never want to have to drive that far in one sitting ever again, lol!

that said, it was worth it. On the way there, i managed to spot a couple Silverliner IVs on the Northeast Corridor, and an AEM7 on the way back on the same. also caught most of an NS freight getting closer to Philadelphia. I loved the scenery both driving to and at Steam town. gotta love those big windmills and rock formations on I476. the museum itself managed to keep me occupied. To be honest, Steam never captures my attention until yesterday, simply because most working steam engines I'd seen were small compared to the ones at Steamtown. They also had a tun of the the greats, like the Big Boy, and a bunch of unusual stuff, like DL&W multiple unit cars, which are right up my alley. There were also a TON of Alcos. I'd never really seen Alcos, other than two out by Lake George, NY, but they were small. The Local railroad had a couple of the big Century series and MLW stuff, as well as some RS1/3s, an RS32, and a smaller Alco Century i have not identified yet.

It looked like there was a lot to do out there besides steam town, i wish i had some more time!

finally, on the way back, i found the Golden Hostess Cupcakes. this seems like an odd thing to highlight (but I'm an odd person...) but these were my favorite cupcakes when i was really young, like 7 or 8. there were only out for a couple months, and then i never saw them ever again. I literally ALWAYS check the aisle of any place that sells hostess cakes and for the past 12 years or so, i never found them. That is until yesterday! now the only problem is I'm afraid to eat them!

eightyeightfan1 Wrote:I think I've seen some of those faces before...Can't remember where though....

Oh Yeah! Now I remember.....Wanted posters in the post office!

Just kidding. Glad you guys had a good time.

uh oh, you're on to me! I knew i should have worn a fake mustache....
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread