A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12)
Not a lot of progress today but still, some. In the first picture, you can see that I cut the backdrop around the light switch. I also cut tunnel openings through the backdrop.
[Image: Picture001lowres-1.jpg]

In the next one, you can see a sort of eyeball circular shape on the backdrop. Since my double mainline passes through a dead zone in between the two backdrops, I needed some way to access it. I did not want to cut a square in there as you don't see perfect squares in the sky very often so I opted for an irregular round shape instead. I then framed behind it and I've been trying to find some magnetic cabinet latches to screw on the back so when I need to remove it, I can just pull a little and it should pop right off. Unfortunately, I had this idea tonight (Sunday) after everybody closed up for the weekend so no luck there for now. I'll probably fill in the screw heads with plaster and then paint over them.
[Image: Picture002lowres.jpg][Image: Picture003lowres-1.jpg]

And finally, nothing exciting, just the tunnel cuts on the other side... oh, and another piece of blue foam. I still have to pull that piece of backdrop back off one more time as I forgot to counter sink the screws.
[Image: Picture004lowres-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread