Trucklover's Kitbuild '09 Summer Challenge
Steps 27-31 were no easy task lets just say that. and i think what made them so difficult was the fact that i had painted all the parts before assembly. In these steps you have to put the Cast House Floor in place over the Furnace Foundation and Cast House Assemblies. The Floor must go through upright beams on both of the sub assemblies, and they didnt exactly just slide right down over the beams and in place. I ended up just about re-gluing the entire Cast House Support Assembly and part of the Furnace Foundation Assembly after the floor was in place. Im thinking that the paint made the openings for the beams too small, so i had to force the floor down little by little on each beam. Took about an hour or so to get it in place and everything glued back together to get whats in the pics below lol

Here is what was involved:
  • 1. Glue the Flooring Spouts in place on the Cast House Floor in the Pouring Hole Openings
    2. Paint the Cast House Floor
    3. Put the floor in place over the Cast House and Furnace Assemblies
    4. Glue the right side wall in place (which was a very tight fit i might add lol)
    5. Glue the Roof Supports in place along the front of the Cast House
    6, Glue the Craneways in place atop the beams in the Cast House

[Image: SL373355.jpg]

[Image: SL373356.jpg]

Time spent on the kit now about 15-1/2 hours. Next up will be the weathering of the Cast House Floor and Structure
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread