Redetailing a Athearn USRA mikado into a PRR L2s
I am still stumbling along with this project. Photos show marker lights on pilot and tender were standard pennsy type. Also the headlight and tender light were of the same type, and a standard Pyle headlight. I found a boiler front made of plastic. A Selly round number board. 4 Bachmann pennsy marker lights of the proper style. I have the 2 brass Pyle headlights and one bracket for mounting to the boiler front. The tender light needs no bracket. I have 3 metal handrail slanchions and a curved piece of handrail. I have a nice brass bell. The generator aft on the boiler will be moved up and the hole pluged. The two holes in the tender rear will be pluged. I have two seated people for the cab. I'll paint them. I can't match the gunmetal gray boiler front and all the photos show it to be black, so I will repaint it black and make it scrufte.
A lot of this stuf is done now and I am lettering the tender and numbering the cab. # 9629 will be it's number. The 5 Pennsy were 9627 to 9631. It is all coming together now.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread