Using scale people ?
foulrift Wrote:Now that I am entering the final stages of my layout construction,I thought it might be a good idea if I asked the forum members their thoughts on using people on their layouts. This is one element that I never gave much thought. Do they tend to add or detract from a scene? If for example their is a scene at a freight platform and there are people but no trucks or freight cars, does having people in the scene make any sense or not?
I'd be interested in hearing your views.
Bob

Bob,Unless the workers are on break or lunch there should be no one loafing about on the dock-some companies prohibit unauthorized employees in the dock/receiving/shipping area(s).This is due to possible injuries or theft.

Also a very common mistake modelers make is to leave inbound or outbound shipments on the dock..This of course is frowned upon because of security reasons due to possible theft in fact leaving inbound or outbound shipments on the dock where I use to work was a automatic write up..

Should you use workers on the dock then have them to working such as sweeping off the dock or stacking skids-these are used for receiving non palletized LCL or express(UPS,FEDEX and other) express shipments.

As far as figures yes they add "life" to a layout..I personally aviod the cutesy pie " joke" figures since I want my figures to emulate real life.However, a over abundant of figures looks IMHO to "fake" even for a station scene.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread