Firestorm at Z's....
MM...I believe you are either not understanding the nature of the observations made regarding the old forum, or you just plain don't want to see...The discussion here is not aimed at THE forum as a platform for viewing/sharing hobbies, but at the way the new management has "perverted" the essence of the hobby to pursue commercial ends. It's not the forum we're critical of, it's the way it's being run and used as a means of economic gain. I don't believe anyone here has a "death wish" for the old forum, as we all (or practically all...) had invested a lot of time and effort into it, some administrating, and most just posting to share the hobby with other modelers. The wealth of knowledge and advice still remaining there is what's at stake if it fails.

As to the quality of the modeling being done at the original forum, I don't believe you can say that it is "unrivalled" by that done here. I know you enjoy the logging forum as much as I do, but to say the modeling is unsurpassed is to turn a blind eye (by chance or design, I'm not sure...) to what is featured here. That the loggers there are quite happy with their "niche" is good for them, and for all who like to see some things "off the beaten path".

As to this forum not being a suitable venue for you "to display concepts and construction that go beyond current mainstream thinking" is something only you can decide. I for one have waited for some time to see some of your work, but have not seen anything come forth. I'm sure many would like to see diferent concepts and way of doing things, it's part of the hobby....

In closing, it was not the leaving that was cause for delight, it was the regaining of what once was...
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread