West Ivy
[albumimg]1135[/albumimg]
[albumimg]1134[/albumimg]

These two pics show the current status of the layout. Lines drawn are the track route, with the only line missing being the connecting track from inner passing siding to outer mainline just before where the industrial spur is located.

The brick arches will be a rail overpass over a road (quite narrow, so warning signs will need to be made!). This is the road that runs from the low-rent district, across the river, under the tracks then to the station on the corner of the layout nearest the arches. The station will be (most likely) a two-storey brick structure sited below grade, with a curved platform along the tracks.

I've had these arches for years now in the scrap box...picked them up in a lot of kitbashing fodder. They're actually filled with what I believe is Durham's water putty. Hmm... One photo shows where the levels for the low road and river bed will be located, drawn hastily on the side of the foam.

Thanks, Steve, LiveSteamer, et al, for stopping by and offering your encouragement! Smile

At some point I will begin cookie-cutter work on the roadbed where the river will be located. It will pass under the main and passing siding on the corner near the station, cross the layout at an angle, then pass back under the single main just beyond the turnout for the passing track. It'll be easier to see than describe! :?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread