Van Hobbies brass CNR N-5-d 2-8-0 rebuild/ Finished pics add
When I first read the post about using the circuit board as a solder pad in the tender I was uncertain how that would work (or why you'd go to the extra step of splicing in that board). I was dead set on getting micro mini connectors for my current project.

HOWEVER, after having reread your thread in its new setting, I am beginning to like the idea. I seem to recall seeing that somewhere else...ah yes, in a detailing article in RMC, installed inside a 70 tonner.

PLUS, I have had a devil of a time trying to track down micro mini connectors at a decent price or without knowing electronics codes to decipher some of these mega-electronics sites. I bought some from All Electronics, a more user-friendly outfit, but alas, they were too large. Wallbang

So it seems that hard wiring is the way I will go, and making up a little circuit board solder pad suddenly makes perfect sense. Now if I can just figure out how I'm going to mount my reverse linkage to the existing valve gear...(mumbles as he trudges back to the workbench)

All that said, if you can include a picture of your circuit board in place and wired, I'd appreciate it, just to see how it comes out. And, as I think I had mentioned in that other place, great work!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread