CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
nachoman Wrote:that is exceptional, and should be a smooth piece of trackwork. I am noticing you are using all PC ties - are you cutting all of them yourself or did you buy them from fast tracks? And tell me more about this belt sander - I have been doing things the cheap and tedious way by cutting and filing everything by hand, one at a time 35 .

Hey NM. Cheers

I am cutting the ties myself by hand. I just ordered a bunch of crossties as I initially at first thought only about treating the x-over in this manner. However, I obviously decided to go across the board with this.

So I cut and gap them individually and solder them in place. Make no mistake. There is still a ton of hand work involved. I just find my center and get all Zen about it. Wink

The bench top belt sander I use is from Delta, doing a quick search on the web, I'm not sure if Delta makes them anymore??? At least they don't carry it in the product line on their website?

[Image: DSC02765.jpg]

You can see it on the left of my work bench. Not a great pic, but it is one of those tools I couldn't live without and I've been able to tap it for a number uses around the house and for the hobby. I picked it up at a Home Depot on sale for 79.99 on sale. Regular at the time was a $149.99!!! Seriously, talk about an offer I couldn't refuse. I still see them in the stores though and they have come down in price. Last one I saw months ago was for about $100 and change.

Messages In This Thread