UP Elmwood Subdivision - N Scale Layout
After doing additonal reading on garage layouts and people’s experiences with the multitude of things you need to do to combat the elements, you can’t help but to think of one thing… What a pain in the rear!

So I pitched an idea to the wife and she’s okay’d to let me keep the layout in the current room, along with making it a guest room. The plan would be to place the guest bed on the West wall of the room (the wall with the doors), the layout would occupy only the East wall (the longest wall where most of the layout is now), and my computer desk would remain where it is on the South wall.

While the layout could be cut by nearly 75%, I feel it’s a much better alternative to building in the garage. I would also be able to utilize the existing shelving benchwork mounted to the wall, though I would extend it from 15″ to 24″. The plywood tops could all be recycled as well.

I’ve been doodling on a simple, single level plan, though I have thought about keeping the double deck since I have already have the helix. I’ll have to see what I can come up with though.

Messages In This Thread