Foamin' in Alaska
Well, thank you for the replies everybody. It was a lot of fun! According to the locals, I experienced the last two seasonal days of summer weather and the first couple of fall. Evidently fall only lasts about a week up there and I have to say it was rather abrupt to see the trees changing from green to yellow in a matter of days. They are expecting their first average snowfall in the next three weeks or so.

Thanks Russ for that info on the caboose. Interesting information. I wish I'd had more time to stop and check it out a little better but we were racing the tunnel. That may sound strange but you see I had just enough time to go on into Whittier and have a quick bite to eat before getting back through the tunnel before it closed for the night.

88, I'm going to take a logical guess and say that I think what looks like a crack might actually be a little bit of oil running down the side.

I'm glad you all enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed sharing them. In the time I was there, I drove 700 miles and took 500 pictures so I averaged about 1 picture every 1.4 miles.

Messages In This Thread