Looking for a Specific Tender
Thanks for all the replies gentlemen. They are a big help and give me plenty of ideas as to how I will eventually go about this.

In the meantime I found a decoder that fits just jim dandy in the tender made by NCE. Which is great because that is also the DCC system I have.

http://www.ncedcc.com/index.php?page=sho...t&Itemid=1

The Bachmann tender board has an eight pin socket so this was almost plug and play. There were comments on the NMRA board about snipping a resistor as it causes overheating. I checked with the DCC guy at my LHS and he confirmed that I should snip one of the leads before trying out the loco. So far so good, although, I am kinda puzzled by the starting voltage. CV2 talks about using a number between 5-35 for the starting voltage in order to get the loco to barely move at the 1 speed setting. I have it maxed at 35 and it doesn't make a movement until about 4 or 5. I wonder if maybe I need to just clean and apply a small bit of lube to the linkage mechanisms for the drivers and such as there could be some binding or sluggishness there?

Its my first steamer so I don't know? I sure to get a kick out of watching those little bits move around though. Can hardly wait to get some more track down!

[Image: DSC03253.jpg]

In the meantime, I've decided the headlight isn't bright enough for me. So that will have to get changed in the short term with a 3 mm LED.

Messages In This Thread