Island layouts
nachoman Wrote:Mountainman - you must be flattered that all of us want to decide what layout is best for you. Icon_lol 24 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Icon_lol

Seriously I hope that some of this gives you ideas. If you have access to old Model Railroader magazines (from the 50s and 60s), they use to have a regular feature called "track plan of the month". Back then, there wasn't really such thing as an "around the walls" layout. I doubt any of these track plans would give you exactly what you want, but they are interesting and creative, and have some ideas that may be useful.

I'm grateful for the ideas and advice. An additional complication of this layout that I forgot to mention is that we don't own this house - we rent it. This puts greater emphasis on not attaching a lot of stuff permanently to the walls.

I have several complete collections of trackplans from a number of different authors. They all seem to assume a certain "freedom" of construction. I'm exploring as many possibilities as I can in order to avoid making the kind of mistakes that Murphy guarantees.

Messages In This Thread