Airbrushing tips
Just went to a small tank-less compressor to start airbrushing with. I have a tank compressor as well, but only used it twice as it is way too loud to have thundering away in my basement in my small little work area. The sound resonates throughout the entire house. I was looking at going to CO2 however the suppliers I have come across charge an annual $50 rental (which covers inspections / maintenance) and $25 for each refill for a for a 10 or 20 lb tank...I honestly can't recall. They are also only open from 9-5, Mon - Fri. I cannot honestly, justify taking the time off work every time I need a refill. Which also leads to actually spending $100 a year on rental fees for two tanks, as I'd hate to be in the middle of something and run out of gas...literally.

I also looked into the cost of purchasing the tanks and the distributor in my area, who was very candid, indicated that for my use rental would be cheaper and safer as the tanks require frequent testing and inspections in order to keep up with local regulations. The tanks are not cheap either when you factor in the cost of replacing them every five years as that is when they expire. Even if the tanks were given to me for free, I don't know if I trust a gas like CO2 in my house.

I picked up a Scorpion II compressor for just over a couple hundred bucks, complete with moisture trap, air regulator, and its nice and quiet. So tonight, I'm going to go home and play with some ink before I start thinking about finishing up some projects long overdue.

Misngth

Messages In This Thread