Island layouts
Galen, what you describe is not dithering - there's nothing wrong with taking time to enjoy the things which you've accomplished, or to consider new plans, or review past mistakes. I do lots of that - which explains in part why there's not much progress being made on my layout. Misngth
Dithering, in my opinion, is when you demand action or results, but are unable (perhaps unwilling) to act in a manner that produces the action or results desired. It could be a case of no viable options or too many choices being presented or just an inability to get moving. Some people spend a lifetime being armchair modellers and take great enjoyment in it. Others get bogged down in planning, often unable to come to grips with the limits of the space with which they're present, dreaming always of "what if". If you can't make "what if" happen, I suggest trying "just do it". The mistakes which we make in model railroading are seldom beyond repair, and the experience of doing, however difficult it may be to start, is not only a great teacher, but also a great way of inspiring yourself to tackle the challenges which arise.

Finally, I'm hardly one that could be accused of not considering others' opinions but that doesn't mean that I won't also offer my own. That it may be contrary doesn't mean that someone else's isn't valid. Goldth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread