Island layouts
I think "dithering" is an integral part of the hobby...It's a matter of degree - some dither more than others.....

My dithering concerns mostly when I'm unsure as to what I really want in terms of operations, looks, scenery, etc. Over this past month I've been trying out different arrangements for some industries that were not initially intended to go where they wound up... Eek
By coincidence I was doing ballasting in part of the layout, and moved the structures that were in the way and just piled them at the end of the yard. Over several days, the "look" started to grow on me, so I made a half-hearted attempt at finding a proper arrangement for them. I "dithered" by placing them one way, and leaving them there for a few days....then changed the arragement again...and so on....After much dithering I found an arrangement that I liked and was functional. Last Saturday the dithering stopped, I ripped up and rearranged a couple of tracks at the yard's end....and placed the structures where they will reside from now on....

So, I dither, but in the end..I DO....

Attached Files Image(s)

Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread