Tire Question -- All Seasons Vs. Snow Tires?
Ohhhhh, I just cannot resist a SAR *............

Down here in the "lower 48" All Season tires.
Up there in the "Great White North", I'd recommend a set of..yup....Sled Dogs! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"I have found that the type of tires has much less of an effect than that experience and common sense. I learned at a young age how to start and stop on ice or snow, and I learned that patience and staying calm can get you out of most situations and prevent most others." - Beamish

Sage advice indeed. I would only add, practice. Pick a safe place, and "do stupid". eventually you learn to recognize how the vehicle feels just prior to going out of control, and how to correctly react.

I always "test the road conditions".....jump on the gas, lock up the binders, see just how much traction I have on the road or driving surface.
I do remember once on the Taconic State Parkway,N.Y. The rain was falling, the road was wet, and suddenly I couldn't hear the "hiss" of the tires on wet pavement. Put the auto trans in neutral, turned on the right turn flasher, and coasted to a stop on the shoulder, where I watched all those vehicles I had been moving with, slide on the glare ice, into each other............my Dad had never stopped reminding me that I had to be aware of everything, when driving. I thanked him when I got safely home.

How does your vehicle feel at the moment it begins to hydroplane??

* Smart A.. Reply Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread