Rail Road Memerabilia / stuff
I posted these on the other site back in November of 2007 so my apology for the repeats but none-the-less...
Treasures... I've got three...
The first two, I'm sure aren't worth anything of significance -
First is a Y2k wooden, 4 tone, Amtrak whistle.
[Image: Amtrakwhistle.jpg]

The second is a Coast Starlight, Barlow, gold keyholder.
[Image: Amtrackkeylock.jpg]

They were give to me by some friends who happened to be on the Amtrak Coast Starlight the night of the new millennium. They were told by a conductor that these two items were only being handed out on this one particular train to commemorate the event. If that story is true, these are some pretty rare items. Yep, I said, IF. I would be willing to bet these two items are actually a dime a dozen but the story is fun to tell and they mean a lot to me.

My third item was given to me by my father in law with strict instructions never to get rid of it. It's a book titled "The Curse of Tramp Life" written by a famous tramp better known as A-no. 1. It's #3 of the 13th edition with a copyright of 1912. It's pretty frail. Again, due to its condition, it can't be worth much of anything except to somebody like me.

Front cover...
[Image: Ano1front.jpg]

Portrait...
[Image: Ano1inside.jpg]

First page...
[Image: Ano1insidefirst.jpg]

Back cover...
[Image: Ano1backcover.jpg]

I've also got a couple of blacksmithing projects my dad made for me...
a knife made from a spike...
[Image: DCP_4824lowres.jpg]

and a n ice pick/hammer also made from a spike...
[Image: DCP_4825lowres.jpg]

And of course, I've got the usual collection of odds and ends I've picked up along the way...
[Image: DCP_4194.jpg]

I used to have a fairly modern brakemans lantern I got from a friend but that has since disappeared somwhere.

Messages In This Thread