Another Era Ends.
Good news for a change on the kit front. I also am a member of the Yahoo Modern Freight Car List (MFCL). Exact Rail has recently come out with a 4427 Hopper Kit. I'm not very knowledgeable on freight car prototypes modern or old fashioned, so I'm not sure what the 4427 hopper is. Anyway, Exact Rail was thinking of discontinuing undec. kit and just offer decorated kits and r-t-r. The guys on the MFCL have been bugging manufacturers to offer more undec kits. Exact Rail came out with a limited number of undecorated kits, posted them on their web page, and sold them all out in less than 4 days! Blaine Hadfield, production manager for Exact Rail, posted to the MFCL list that the reception of these undecorated cars has shown Exact Rail of the market for well done undecorated kits. These are craftsman type kits rather than Athearn Blue Box type shake the box kits, but it is nice to see a manufacturer realize that there are still model railroaders out there who would rather build, paint, and decal at least some of their rolling stock.

Messages In This Thread