Has anybody here had much experience with Vista?
The one thing I've noticed with Vista that is not difficult to work around, but a bit of a hassle is when I download something it just goes somewhere on my computer. I open my documents and then I can "click" on "recent changes" and find my downloads. As an example, I downloaded the November newsletter for Model Railroad Hobbyist, but I could not get it to go to my documents. I opened "recent changes" and there it was. I read it, but could not move it directly to the Model Railroad Hobbyist folder I keep in "My Documents." I don't care about keeping the newsletter, it is just hobby and industry news that I normally read and delete, but I keep the magazine for future reference so I wanted to make sure I could put it in the Model Railroad Hobbyist folder. What I had to do was to "click & drag" the newsletter into "my Documents" folder. Then I opened My Documents folder and did a click and drag to move the newsletter into my Model Railroad Hobbyist folder. With Xp I could just download things directly to the folder I wanted to put them into in My Documents.

Messages In This Thread