CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
My Fast Tracks #6 turnout jig was in the mail and on its way to me when I realized I should have bought the x-over jig. Wallbang I am thinking of getting a #8 turnout jig so if I do this time it wil be the x-over one. I am thinking of using #8 turnouts for my main line turnouts and #6 for the yard. I want to run some 80' passenger cars and my brass CNR bullet nose 4-8-2 will be much happier with #8 turnouts. Smile

I actually went all out a few years ago with my idea to handlay a fair amount of my track. I bought a whole bunch of bags of Kappler Mill & Lumber ties and about 3000 Walthers code 70/83 spikes ( they have very small heads ). I also bought four 99' bundles of Micro Engineering code 83 rail as well as a about 150 pieces of 18" ME code 83 rail from Fast Tracks for building my turnouts so I do not have to cut up any 3 foot pieces of rail. I also have three 99' bundles of code 81 rail from Central Valley. Eek I bought the code 81 rail for a switching layout I was going to build. The good news is the code 81 rail matches up good with the code 83 rail so I may use it for my engine terminal as it has a very fine profile and looks great. The code 81 rail also works with my Fast Tracks jig. Goldth

Wayne Reid

Messages In This Thread