2009 Toronto Christmas Train Show
I was there yesterday. I must say I was kinda of disappointed. There did not seem to be as many vendors this year as in previous years.

The tool guy (I can't remember his name or store/company) who seems to have been there the last few years was not there. Too bad too, cause I was hoping to get some product off of him. On the retail side it seemed to be really lacking which is why I went this year.

However, I picked up some dyes to stain my wood structures with from the Hunterline booth. http://www.hunterline.com/ Great couple of people running that booth, I talked to the lady there, can't remember her name, she was a riot. I asked her if the dyes had a really noxious smell to them and she said, "no" sniffed the bottle and made like she was going to pass out. Pretty funny, had me sold right there, so I picked up three bottles for 15 bucks of dye to try them out. They had a ton of strip wood there, which I almost picked up a boat load of, but I decided to hold off on it.

Checked out the The CASO Free Mo group layout. That modular layout is getting huge. I've been in touch with them in the past, I'd like to design a module for it however have to focus on getting the track work done on my home layout first.

Signed up for the Canadian Pacific Historical Society's quarterly magazine. Something I'd been meaning to do for a while now. Also, I figured it was the least I could do after pillaging their website for countless plans and diagrams. I thanked the gents there for putting up such a great resource for people to refer to.

Of course, seeing the CNJ Bronx Terminal was a highlight for me as well. What a truly amazing job Tim has done for the track work on that one. A treat to see it operate in person. Picked up some PC board ties from them to finish off some turn outs at home and made my way home a little while after that. I was there for probably 2 hours.

Messages In This Thread