NW 58th St., Miami
Just a short update to keep this thread alive and to show that I was not totally idle Goldth . After I ballasted the track on the left side extension, I built the first background structure for this side of the layout. Again it is a simple shoebox design and was very easy to to. That is why I only show the picture of the finished (but yet unpainted) structure and not how I built it. The structure is about 2' long and covers about half of the back of the extension.

[Image: m94.jpg]

[Image: m95.jpg]

Today I assembled these two 40' trailers from an A-Line kit. I need them for another scene I am planning. These 40 ft. trailers are too old for the era I am modeling to be still in service, but they will look great on a lot with cracked and overgrown tarmac, left there to rot and fall into pieces. I don’t know if Roadway ever had trailers that looked like these, but I had the decals at hand and what can I say ... I really don’t care if they are prototypical or not Eek Goldth .

[Image: m93.jpg]

[Image: m96.jpg]

I still need to build a background structure for the other half of the extension on the left side of my layout. Then I can start to put it all together.
Kurt

Messages In This Thread