NASCAR Fantasy League
Puddlejumper Wrote:Wow. I'm surprised that NASCAR has just let Hendricks dominate like this. It's not even really a competition anymore. It's too bad really, watching the same guys win each week just becomes boring. I think we should go back to STOCK car racing.

Anyway, thanks for running the league, it was fun.

Dave

The last STOCK car to run in NASCAR was back in the early 1950's. When you install a roll cage it ceases to be a stock car, but I don't think I would trade the safety of the tube frame cars for a stock car or even a modified stock car. Also, nobody has built a stock car with a carburetor for 20 years, and NASCAR is not going to let cup crew chiefs have electronic fuel injection! The difference between winning and losing with the C.O.T. design is so close that a slight miss anywhere in the set up moves a car from top ten to bottom ten. Hendrick's teams just did a better job this year. In 2008, Roush and Childress were both close. I expect to see Roush and Childress competitive next year, as well as the guys who were there this year. I see the potential for the top 20 to be fighting for those top 12 spots going into the chase, maybe even the top 25 in the fight.

Messages In This Thread