CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Just a quick update. I finished laying all the track on the West end of the layout. I have four more turnouts to install on the East end which will all but complete the track work on the mainland portion of the layout. I think what I will do though is paint, ballast, weather the track work have done for the most part just to see how it turns out and then proceed from there. So far the electronics have been operating flawlessly. I installed another UTP panel and presently have two cabs for operating the layout, I may purchase another...not sure... my plan currently calls for two crew operating sessions, but I have three locos I'd like to use on this layout. I've been leaving the Power Cab in its a holder and using it soley for programming my accessories. I use a smaller NCE Cab for operating to move locos around the layout and control the turnouts. I've also finally made my own flat wire cables for the Cab and Cab Buss which is nice to be able to do. No pics, sorry, I'll take some when I have something for everyone to look at instead of a layout that looks like a bomb went off next to it.

I've been having fun though testing the limits of the present track work configuration. I've been breaking up and building 12-15 car trains. Takes about an hour or so to do, depending on whether or not I'm paying enough attention to my "work". When the yard gets bigger with the completion of the wharf and I lay the East track, I'll be able to make my goal of building and dismantling 20 car trains. I can't wait for the Holidays to be over so I can seriously focus on this during the long cold months of January, February and March. Brrr....

Messages In This Thread