How to paint with the best results possible?
Trucklover Wrote:Stein, thank-you for posting the doc's advise he has given you Goldth It will definitely help me out when it comes time to masking the lines Thumbsup

I just tried it too - worked pretty good - I got a pretty nice and crisp edge between the two colors. Btw - the advice from the good doctor was not directed specifically to me - I just found it by searching for engine and masking at the old (zealot) site, and thought it deserved to follow with over to the new forum.

I just got Jeff Wilson's book on painting in the mail yesterday evening. Hope to get to start reading it tonight - has just leafed through it quickly - looks like a some Wilson books I have picked up before - well illustrated and practically oriented.

Good luck with painting your engines - I think a small fleet of GE 70-tonners in Modesto and Empire colors would look very good!

Smile,
Stein, who is experimenting with painting engines too - I'd like to end up with a couple of engines in Omaha Road colors (ie C & NW black and Yellow with "CStPM & O" on the hood) and one in M&StL's post 1956 colors (ie Red with white stripe).

Messages In This Thread