How to paint with the best results possible?
steinjr Wrote:
Trucklover Wrote:Stein, thank-you for posting the doc's advise he has given you Goldth It will definitely help me out when it comes time to masking the lines Thumbsup

I just tried it too - worked pretty good - I got a pretty nice and crisp edge between the two colors. Btw - the advice from the good doctor was not directed specifically to me - I just found it by searching for engine and masking at the old (zealot) site, and thought it deserved to follow with over to the new forum.

I just got Jeff Wilson's book on painting in the mail yesterday evening. Hope to get to start reading it tonight - has just leafed through it quickly - looks like a some Wilson books I have picked up before - well illustrated and practically oriented.

Good luck with painting your engines - I think a small fleet of GE 70-tonners in Modesto and Empire colors would look very good!

Smile,
Stein, who is experimenting with painting engines too - I'd like to end up with a couple of engines in Omaha Road colors (ie C & NW black and Yellow with "CStPM & O" on the hood) and one in M&StL's post 1956 colors (ie Red with white stripe).

Stein, i saw your results you got and there were a huge improvement on the straightness and crispness of the lines!! I think you did a very good job and followed the docs advise very well, it sure shows Thumbsup

Ill have to look up that book you mentioned as well, that sounds like it would be a helpful book to get

I also think that a fleet of M&ET switchers would look pretty cool, they have a couple different paint schemes, so not all of there locos will be the same, the newer ones have a different paint scheme then the older ones, so it should make for a cool looking fleet Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread