Choosing material for wood decking.
cnw1961 Wrote:Shane, did anyone ever tell you that model railroading was fun ??????????????????? Nope Nope Nope Icon_lol

Did you consider cutting the stripwood from a larger sheet yourself to cut costs? You will have to cut down the stripwood to individual pieces anyway and that is what really takes some time.

I had. I believe I've asked this question before, but have you or anyone else attempted cutting strip wood using a full sized 10" table saw? I was thinking of using a 8" thin kerf blade and using a piece of Plexiglass to fabricate a zero clearance insert to keep the small strips from falling into the gaps. Has anyone else ever tried this?

Then there is the weather...it's pretty damned cold outside, and with no where else to work, I really don't feel like freezing my butt off out in the driveway to make a small pile of strip wood for my little wharf project. I'm crazy, but not that crazy. I'm a Nancy when it comes to cold weather. :oops: To order the strip wood, would cost me about $50. So its a toos up between, trying the cost saving method by attempting something that quite possibly no one else has done with the tools I have on hand, or ponying up the cash and sucking up the cost for the convenience of having it shipped to me. 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Messages In This Thread