CP Scarborough Harbor Branch Line - HO Scale
Totally stoked about this past weekends efforts. Fighting a nasty sinus cold and fed up with laying flat on my back, I got mad and got to work. I'm telling ya if I could make money off of of used tissues, I'd be a millionaire by now. Nope

So,

I built four turnouts, two brand new, the other two salvaged from the previous layout. Laid a whole whack of ties...until I ran out*. Sanded and leveled those ties. Installed three of the four turnouts. Spiked down about twelve feet of track...does not sound like much, but you'll have to trust me on this. Then got really ornery and installed, three Torts, wired them to the decoder and programmed them as well. Programming was the easy part...man I hate wiring... :x

On the to do list now this week;

Install feeders for frogs, turnouts and rails.
Sand ties for remaining turnout and install the LAST mainland turnout on the layout.

Waiting on;

More Mt. Albert wood ties.
One Hex Frog Juicer.

All I have left to spike down is three tracks (code 70) for industry sidings, otherwise, the mainland track (code 83) work is done. Getting close to that Golden Spike moment. I worked a 15 car train as well shuffled cars around, in some areas using the 0-5-0 switcher on account of no power to some tracks still. I don't think I'll have any problems operating a train of this size, which is one of my design goals.

I'll make with some pics later this week. I was so busy working away that I did not snap any W.I.P. photos and right now, I am off to bed.

Pretty soon, I'll be ready to paint, ballast and weather the installed track. Thumbsup

(*the total count of wood ties is now at 3000!)

Messages In This Thread