Scale Drawings.
Sumpter250 Wrote:I know that Autocad will scale just about anything that can be imported, or drawn. Unfortunately, my PC is old (Windows 98), and since the hard drive crash, I cannot find a compatible PDF program, so no more PDF's for me, until I can afford a new computer........soooo, I can't verify scaling PDF drawings with Autocad.
May I ask why you need "full size, scale drawings"?
A long time ago I purchased a set of proportional dividers. Once I know any measurement from any drawing (or photo), I can set one end of the dividers on that measurement, and set the other end for the exact scale equivalent, and then take off all the measurements directly from the original drawing, regardless of what scale I'm working in at the time.

I have a set of proportional dividers. I just have to figure out how to use them as I am not particularly handy when it comes to numbers and conversions. Nope

I checked out that InDesign program and just about lost my lunch when I saw the price. I do have a version of AutoCAD 2000. I've been toying with the idea of trying it, however I figure by the time I get good with it, I could have hand drawn any number of diagrams or blue prints using my scale ruler, dividers, paper and pencil. hmmmm.... :?

Honestly, all I would like is a program that could read the drawings I have, convert them to HO scale so that I can print out accurate templates to work off of.

Messages In This Thread