A hole in the wall X4 - a liftout bridge (page 12)
Well, as promised, I took a whack at the ol' roundhouse next. First, you need to see what it was I was replacing...

[Image: January27005lowres.jpg]

This was a roundhouse I came across at a swapmeet some time back. No weathering, no painting, lots of missing pieces and the radius did not fit my turntable at the distance I wanted.

The new one I just finished (or so I thought until I went back and looked at the pictures. It seems there is still a little touchup left to do before I can call it completed.)

[Image: January27002lowres.jpg]

[Image: January27003lowres.jpg]

I still need to find some lights to put over the pedestrian doors as the ones included in the kit were so mall and fragile that they disentegrated when I tried to cut them off the sprues. Likewise for the small section of ladder that was supposed to connect the two sections of roof.
According to the instructions, the office was supposed to be attached on the back of the building. I did not like that and wanted it up front where I could see it better so I put it off the side instead.
The roof doesn't quite fit but that's because it's a little warped and has not been glued down yet. The instructions say to not glue it down at all in case of stalled engines inside. Not quite sure what to do about that just yet.
On to the next one. I think I will work on one of the refinery buildings next.

Messages In This Thread