Central Valley CVT Tie Strips
Fastening rail to the ties is NOT common from type to type. Central valley recommends that you either spike or glue rail to the Branchline and 9' Mainline ties. The 8'6" ties are more challenging; the spike detail and rail clamp detail is quite tall, after laying the rail into the tie plates, the design is for the user to use a small nailset or like tool and bend the "spikes" over the rail. At first this sounded pretty interesting. After fastening the 3' of rail in the next photo, I was WORN OUT! Smile    

It actually held very well, until my daughter, in a sudden fit of interest in what I was doing, picked it up and bent it into a 8" (or so) radius. It held until I tried to straighten it out!

I personally like the 8'6" look because of the random set of the ties this way and that from centerline. The 9' look too long for a 1930's theme, though they are spaced on wider centers than the 8'6". The 8'6" ties also have quite a bit of rail clamp detail on them, more than I need, but that can be trimmed off.

I'll comment on the laying properties of these in more detail if I decide on this product for my track (and I'm leaning that way)

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread