Florida High Speed rail
tetters Wrote:
Charlie B Wrote:The scary part of this is the 38.3 million dollars per mile price tag, and that doesn't include the land acquisition, and if they go with Maglev it will be over a billion per mile final cost. Then we have operating expenses. Now will someone smarter then I am please do some math and see where this is a great investment. A lot of pocket jingle to spread around here. How many people make this commute daily? Tourists will still drive so they can have their cars and go North a different route.

Isn't America broke? I mean, where do the governments expect this money to come from? The already overburdened U.S. workforce?

These funds are coming from the government bail out money the feds are passing out to try to get people back to work by rebuilding infrastructure. I think Fluesheet is right however, it would be money better spent to build light rail lines from where people live to where they work, than to spend all of the extra money for high speed rail. I think much of the North East is ripe for a system patterned after the interurban lines that used to exist prior to WW2.

Messages In This Thread