Horseshoe curve 1995
Charlie, I did a lot of that stuff when first hired, then lost most, along with 20+ years of HO stuff, tools, magazines & books to an upheaval in my personal life, and basically "gave up" on the hobby. Still have my Canon A-1, but haven't used it in years, and never graduated to digital (except the cell). "Someday" I'll stumble on some old photos & try to scan them in. When NS cut the rock back along the East Slope, they removed some good photo spots (Photographer's Rock, near the wers end of the curve, for instance), and Homeland Security has made photographers "unwelcome", and NS at least, disallows operating personnel use (maybe even possession?) on duty (the only time one is allowed on the property !), so Yardies, clerks,TM's RFE's, and other folks who don't work "ON" the railroad, get all the Calender shots ! Icon_lol ...and Yes, for 20 of my 33 years, around 200 times a year up or down the 'Shoe - and some trips on the "Mule Shoe", too ! :o Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."

Messages In This Thread